Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Favorite Things #3: Animals & Such

You knew this post was coming, right? It's inevitable. I mean, I'm a girl and I like baking and crafts, so it naturally follows that I will also like animals. And that I just might want to write about them. But don't worry, this isn't a post full of gushing about how cute puppies are or how wonderful (ha!) kitties are (I definitely do NOT want to put them in a basket). This is a post about some unusual, but awesome, animals you may not have known existed that also happen to be adorable. And then there are puppies.

So all you guys who read my blog, you have been warned. Leave now if you don't want to lose man points.

Ready? Here we go!

#1: Penguins

From: Animal Planet

Look at them!! They're so incredibly adorable! I think they're hilarious when they walk around with their wings thrown out behind them like they're pretending they have capes. It's great!

By the way, these are the Adelie penguins, one of the smaller breeds. They're my favorite breed.

From: A Boston Girly at Heart
Awww, penguin love! Also, if you click on the link you can see more adorable pictures of penguins being all lovey-dovey.

Did you know penguins mate for life? Another reason to love them!

#2: Chinchillas




Chinchillas are adorable! They have fluffy long tails and super soft fur. I first saw one in a PetsMart when I was in high school and fell in love with their cuddlyness. I've wanted one ever since, but have never really been in a position to buy one. But soon, soon I shall have a chinchilla.

Disclaimer: Chinchillas require a lot of TLC, and can be difficult for some people to take care of. Please do your research and don't buy a chinchilla unless you think you can devote the time and care they need. Deal?

#3: Pygmy Rabbits


Ok, you might need to sit down for this one, because the cuteness might just knock you over. It's a bunny that can fit in the palm of your hand. 


From: Analik

Awww!!! Look at those little ears!! And little paws!! And the whiskers!!!

Ah hem, excuse me, I forgot myself.

Anyways, I've loved rabbits ever since I was a little girl. I had this little stuffed rabbit that I named Henrietta when I was 5. Don't ask me where I got that name...I was a rather strange child.

FYI: Pygmy rabbits are an endangered species native to the Columbia Basin of the northwestern United States. With only 16 adults left in 2001, they were taken into captivity in an attempt to boost their numbers and have been reintroduced little by little. The people at Washington State University just about squealed for joy when they found several litters in the wild in 2007. These little guys are making a comeback!

#4: Puppies


Yeah, you knew it was coming. What list of cute animals would be complete without puppies? They're the epitome of fun, playful cuddlyness and no small child can resist their charm.

From: Cute Puppies for Sale

No post about puppies would be complete without a weenie dog! They have those cute little short legs that make them look like they're leaping as they run. Seriously, I empathize with those little guys. My legs are short, too. 

From: Beagle Dog Training Tips

My first dog was a little beagle puppy. I was 5, and I named him Charlie after the main character in All Dogs Go to Heaven. I loved that movie when I was a little girl! Well, we had to give Charlie away when we moved because we didn't know whether the new yard would be big enough for him. I sometimes still miss the little guy. He was a good puppy.


Well, I think that's enough cuteness for one post. I'm going to go research chinchilla care...

No comments:

Post a Comment