Friday, August 26, 2011

My Favorite Things #1 - Flowers

Ok, it's time for the first episode of My Favorite Things, in which I post pictures of things I love so you, my dear readers, can learn a bit more about the girl behind the blog. Ready? Here we go!

I love flowers. It doesn't matter how big or small the blooms are, or what color they are, or whether they're full blooms or buds. Flowers are so pretty, and smell so good, that I can't help but love them! I have folders full of pictures I've taken of flowers while I was in college, and I have chosen to share a few of my favorites with you.

Bluebonnets - what's more Texas than a bluebonnet?

Roses - the lady of flowers, used to communicate love, friendship, and other mushy-gushy things

Indian Paintbrushes - this one is a rare white Paintbrush I found on the side of the road

Globe Amaranth - or, as I like to call them, Purple Puff Pods...they're pokey

Daisies - what's happier than a daisy?

It's a poppy! 


A chocolate vine. Isn't that a fun name?


I hope you enjoyed my little photographic gallery. Be sure to check back later for another episode of My Favorite Things. 

2 comments:

  1. The orange flower is a Poppy. :) Your pictures are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! I'll have to update my list now.

    ReplyDelete